OpsMgr SP1 RC (ROM) RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Hi all,

I've just had a look at the release notes etc. for SP1 RC, and was wondering about any possible caveats in upgrading the RMS to SP1, given the fact that the SCE servers in gateway mode will be pre-SP1?  I'll post in the SCE NG regarding SP1 for SCE...

Thanks,

Eugene

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 10:49 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Eugene,

Just found you have another duplicated issue posted at "System Center Essentials - General" :

OpsMgrSP1 RC?

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2373488&SiteID=17

Therefore, I will mark this thread and lock it. Thank you.

At the same time, here is a RMS related document for your reference:

Microsoft’s Remote Managed Services Solution for Partners

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/c/f/dcfdca55-1316-4ebb-8dd1-901cf73e7533/managed%20services%20overview(v3).doc

Sincerely,

Robbin Meng

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:34 AM
  •  

Thanks. That seems to have answered the SCE issue, what I am still worried about is the impact of SP1 RC on a ROM env, such as what we have setup at the moment.

If we cannot upgrade SCE to SP1, then I assume asap we need to upgrade the OpsMgr gateway servers we have downstream?

(I realise this is not for a production env as yet, but need to plan ahead)

E

Thursday, November 8, 2007 11:07 AM

• Hello Eugene,

So far, I have not been confirmed that SCE in "Service Provider" mode will be OK with the RMS running SP1 RC or eventually SP1 RTMv version. I am still researching on this issue.

Regarding upgrading SCE to SP1, personally, I think SCE SP1 should be released in the first half of year 2008. So far, we have not the list of the hotfixes which will be included into SP1. Also, I agree that we test SP1 in your test computers first, not for a production environment.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
    Robbin Meng

Friday, November 9, 2007 10:11 AM
  •  

Thanks for the reply!

I would appreciate some feedback on the "SP" mode compatibility (don't mind testing it, but if I can save a few hours that would be welcome!). It is in any case something I imagine the ROM team would need to clarify, as there are partners like is deploying in increasing numbers.

Regards,

Eugene

Friday, November 9, 2007 6:33 PM
  • Hi Eugene

Regarding the compatibility of incoming SP1, this issue is still under research and discussion. I will keep you updated on this thread.

At the same time, if you have any feedback, please feel free to share it with us here. Thanks again for your time and efforts.

Sincerely,

Robbin Meng

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:08 AM