Unknown hard error blue screen, laptop will not load RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop Went to blue screen with two lines of text lines of text in the top right, I never got the numbers but it said hard error. I'm not tech literate but i know thats not good. i turned the computer off and back on and it won't load windows xp profssional. If i hit F1 i goes to phoenixBIOS ( the laptop model is a Toshiba Satellite pro P100) but i dont know what to do from there...Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    • Moved by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:50 AM windows xp blue screen issue (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:05 PM

All replies

• this is vista forum here.. locate the xp section under forums overview at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cc468658.aspx 

Write down the error codes so you can get help- bluescreens in general can be hardware faults as well as driver or software issues. The exact error message is needed.

Good Luck there.

The OS Tweaking Guy ;)
    Monday, December 27, 2010 4:56 AM
  • Most laptops can be reconfigured to pause the reset.

Just after the first bootup screen press the F8 key.

First I would turn off automatic reboot.

Then I would try boot with last known good configuration.

If it still has a problem. please report back what error you are receiving. Hopefully the last known good works for you

Keith

Saturday, January 8, 2011 10:03 AM
  • Hi!

Did you download windows updates, install any software or add new drivers prior to the blue screen?

If the answer is yes, then I agree with firststknight that you should try to load a previously working configuration. If you're able to boot into safe mode, you should use the system recovery utility and restore to a date prior to the modifications.

If the answer is no, then check your hardware for errors, memory test, hard drive test etc.

/ Ogge

Saturday, January 8, 2011 10:23 AM