none
westinghouse L2610NW monitor "out of range" RRS feed

• Question

• My monitor (see above) boots 1/2 way thru Win 7 then I get a blank screen and a red box that says "out of range".  I contacted Westinghouse they said it is a known problem they have contacted Microsoft with no solution yet.  Has anybody fixed this problem?  I used this setup every day doing ACAD for work.  Using Gigabyte ATI HD4670 card in an HP m9417c.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:01 AM

Answers

• Hi chuckb007,

When this error occurs, it indicates the monitor cannot detect or set up the video signal.

First, please test the issue with another monitor and see if the issue occurs. If the issue does not occur with other monitors, please contact the monitor manufacturer for direct assistance.

If the issue persists using other monitors, please double check the cable connections and then restart the computer. If there are 2 video ports, move your monitor to the second port.

What is the result? If the issue persists, please go to Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue does not occur in Safe Mode, please restart the computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Enable low-resolution video (640x480)] and see if the issue occurs in this mode.

If the issue disappears in this mode, you can change the screen resolution to a lower one such as (800x600) and see if the issue exists.

Also, install the latest display card driver which is fully compatible with Windows 7.

For more information about this issue, you can refer to this HP website: Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, November 9, 2009 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi chuckb007,

When this error occurs, it indicates the monitor cannot detect or set up the video signal.

First, please test the issue with another monitor and see if the issue occurs. If the issue does not occur with other monitors, please contact the monitor manufacturer for direct assistance.

If the issue persists using other monitors, please double check the cable connections and then restart the computer. If there are 2 video ports, move your monitor to the second port.

What is the result? If the issue persists, please go to Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue does not occur in Safe Mode, please restart the computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Enable low-resolution video (640x480)] and see if the issue occurs in this mode.

If the issue disappears in this mode, you can change the screen resolution to a lower one such as (800x600) and see if the issue exists.

Also, install the latest display card driver which is fully compatible with Windows 7.

For more information about this issue, you can refer to this HP website: Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, November 9, 2009 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:44 AM
  • Thanks Linda
    I have newest ATI drivers and catylst installed.
    I tried my other monitor ... it works fine (21"crt).
    I hooked up both monitors and they work as long as I select show desktop on both and select a low resolution.
    I booted the monitor into safe mode and it goes into low res mode and the monitor works. 640x480.
    If I raise the resolution ... I get the message "out of range"
    I have talked to Westinghouse a couple of times and they say that it is a Win 7 problem that has been reported to them.
    So far not reply to from Microsoft to Westinghouse.Westinghouse stated that the problem is that the monitor is trying to be run to high refress rate.

Will Microsoft fix the issue? 
    If so how will I get it.

This is a brand new 26" monitor ... I'd sure like to use it.

Chuck
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 8:05 PM
  • Hi Chuck,

According to your feedback, this issue should be related to the monitor compatibility. Since all the device drivers are developed by the hardware manufacturer, you may have to wait for Westinghouse to publish an update for this monitor. Please be assured that Microsoft will work closely with the hardware manufacturer in developing the drivers and updates.

Meanwhile, you can try the following suggestions to see if the issue can be resolved.

1.     Please connect the westinghouse L2610NW monitor and access Safe Mode.

2.     Go to Start, type Device Manager in the Search box and then press Enter.

3.     Expand "Display adapters".

4.     Right click on the display card and then click Uninstall.

5.     Restart the computer.

6.     Run Windows Update and let windows to install the display card driver automatically.

7.     Also, reduce the refresh rate to a lower setting such as such as 60 Hertz.

Sincerely,

Linda

Friday, November 6, 2009 3:16 AM
  • sorry I know this is an old thread but I am having the same exact issue with the same monitor. I had recently done a fresh install of windows 7 (previously running vista where the monitor worked fine) and the monitor refuses to run at full resolution. could you please let me know how you solved the problem. the system is using an radeon hd 4750 graphics card with the latest drivers installed.
    Saturday, December 25, 2010 7:13 AM
  • You have to change the registry information to fix this.  The monitor reports bad information to the PC about how it works.  There is a utility called Phoenix that you can download for windows to edit EDID information, but don't do it unless you know what your doing.  You could ruin your monitor.
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:20 AM
  • I know this is old however I finally solved this problem after having owned two of these since 2008!
    The issue is caused by an issue with the timing. If you use Nvidia drivers you can make a custom resolution to make these monitors show 1080P. When creating the resolution specify 1920 horizontal pixels, 1200 vertical lines, 60Hz refresh rate and a CVT reduced blank timing.
    I hope this helps someone out there!

Saturday, November 7, 2015 3:03 AM