Office 2016 Outlook send/receive error RRS feed

• Question

• I have Office 2016 on Windows 7. I have had this send/receiver error notice about three times since I installed Office 2016 in Feb 2016. The fix I have been walked through is very time consuming and has never been a permanent fix. And that is what I want to know is there one? I have already uninstalled and re-installed Office 2016.The send/receive details say I of 2 tasks have successfully succeeded. There is never anything in the "Outlook" nor in "Draft" all the mail goes in and out with no problems at all. This problem started again on Sept 12 2017. I sure how someone out there has an answer for me

Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you provide the detailed send/receive error message you got so that we can understand the issue more clearly? Does it display any detailed tasks in the Send/Receive Progress dialog?

Do you have any shared mailboxes/folders opened in your Outlook? If any, we may try to temporarily close these folders and then see whether this issue continues. 

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by DdyawnwanabeE Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:35 AM
    Monday, September 25, 2017 8:16 AM
  • There are various reasons for send/receive error. I suggest you check this blog from here:

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide the detailed send/receive error message you got so that we can understand the issue more clearly? Does it display any detailed tasks in the Send/Receive Progress dialog?

Do you have any shared mailboxes/folders opened in your Outlook? If any, we may try to temporarily close these folders and then see whether this issue continues. 

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by DdyawnwanabeE Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:35 AM
    Monday, September 25, 2017 8:16 AM