running older games(redneck rampage) in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• is there a way to run the older games in windows 7 & play as well as newer games
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:18 PM

Answers

• There is no method to force old games to run on Windows 7, especially games that were written for Windows 95.  The writer/publisher of the game would have to update the games for todays hardware and operating system.

You can try install Windows 7 XP Mode if you have Windows 7 Professional or VMware Player and install either Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows XP in a Virtual Machine to see if the games will function in the Virtual Machine environment.  Not all programs will even function this way.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you refer to the article to run the program:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 4, 2013 8:46 AM

All replies

• There is no method to force old games to run on Windows 7, especially games that were written for Windows 95.  The writer/publisher of the game would have to update the games for todays hardware and operating system.

You can try install Windows 7 XP Mode if you have Windows 7 Professional or VMware Player and install either Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows XP in a Virtual Machine to see if the games will function in the Virtual Machine environment.  Not all programs will even function this way.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you refer to the article to run the program:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 4, 2013 8:46 AM