WSUS (how to force update installations during shutdown) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i have a domain controller with Windows Server 2008, but the domain funtional level is 2003.

I don't find the right options to force updates on client during shutdown.

I would like that clients download updates from WSUS server automatically and also that users can't avoid their installation

during the shutdown.

When i go directly to the pc, i see that the client downloaded the updates, but i have to force them to install.

You can see below my actual GPO configuration (note that "Configure Automatic Updates" is setup to 4 - Auto download and schedule the install).

Thanks.

Monday, June 22, 2015 12:31 PM

Answers

• What you could do is select the option to configure Automatic Updates

And select option 4 – Auto download and schedule the install 

Schedule the install to happen during the working day and users will be notified to restart or if they delay the restart, the updates will install when they power off their computer

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-GB/library/dn595129.aspx#BKMK_ComputerPol

Cheers,

Andrew

MCSE, MCSA, VCP, CCNA, SNIA

Microsoft Infrastructure Consultant

Blog: Network Angel LinkedIn:

Note: Please remember to mark as "propose as answer" to help other members. Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by linuxmc Monday, June 22, 2015 2:10 PM
    Monday, June 22, 2015 1:31 PM

All replies

• What you could do is select the option to configure Automatic Updates

And select option 4 – Auto download and schedule the install 

Schedule the install to happen during the working day and users will be notified to restart or if they delay the restart, the updates will install when they power off their computer

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-GB/library/dn595129.aspx#BKMK_ComputerPol

Cheers,

Andrew

MCSE, MCSA, VCP, CCNA, SNIA

Microsoft Infrastructure Consultant

Blog: Network Angel LinkedIn:

Note: Please remember to mark as "propose as answer" to help other members. Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by linuxmc Monday, June 22, 2015 2:10 PM
    Monday, June 22, 2015 1:31 PM
  • Thanks. I will try.
    Monday, June 22, 2015 2:10 PM
  • he's stated he's already using option #4

I recommend you set the following setting to Disabled: No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations

Monday, June 22, 2015 2:53 PM