Slow Softgrid Mangement Console. RRS feed

• Question

• We have a problem with our softgrid mangement console. It's extremly slow.

If I click on packages it uses about 20 seconds to list all packages. We have about 400.

If I browse the Applications tree, it needs about 5-10 seconds switching between application groups. We have about 200 groups.

We are using relative new servers, with dual core and 2 GB memory on the softgrid server, the SQL server is SQL 2005 with latest servicepacks han 8 GB memory. We have about 1500 clients accessing the server with 100% cache and all the applications are loaded into FB1.

None of the serverse are overloaded. the general CPU usage on the softgrid server is jumping between 10 and 25 %.

Anyone got any good tips to "tune" the smc?, we use this a lot as we are constantly doing changes.

KMEF
    Friday, September 5, 2008 11:56 AM

Answers

• Sorry, I don't believe that there's much to do about that problem. SoftGrid Management Console has always been slow (even with small number of applications) and until something underlying is fixed (.NET Remoting connection?!) it's most likely going to stay that way :-(

/Kalle

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:49 AM

All replies

• Sorry, I don't believe that there's much to do about that problem. SoftGrid Management Console has always been slow (even with small number of applications) and until something underlying is fixed (.NET Remoting connection?!) it's most likely going to stay that way :-(

/Kalle

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:49 AM
  •  

Hmm.I was hoping for a resolution to this problem with 4.5.....

Will it be even slower when we publish new apps, or change a lot of the existing? We are publishing 2-10 applications every day, and this is a pretty frustrating problem... Some of our guy's are looking at other products because of this.

KMEF

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:42 PM
  • We have smiliar issues with a slow console. It takes up huge amounts of RAM on startup too and is unusuable for about 5 minutes while it's doing something in the background that consumes and releases memory at an incredible rate.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:58 PM