Outlook 2016: "Post" not saving. Disappears. RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2016: "Post" not saving.  Disappears.

1) In a PST file. Offline data file with no related account

2) Select a folder (Type = Mail & Post Items)

3) New Items, More Items, Post in this Folder

4) Enter text in subject and body/message

5) Post

Post is Gone.

Search does not find it.  I search in the default data file, and not found.

Gone...

I CAN post to a PST that does have email accounts associated with it, and I can post to an iMAP OST hosted folder.  I can then move that Post to the "offline" pst.  But in past Outlook versions I have been able to Post to an "offline" pst.  Is there a way that I can still?

Thanks,

Todd

Outlook 2016 on Windows 10.  All up-to-date.

Office Pro Plus: v1710 (Build 8625.2139)

Windows 10 (version 1709)

Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Todd,

>>In a PST file. Offline data file with no related account

How do you get this PST file? Export to a PST file or create a profile without email account?

I've tested in my Outlook. Import a local PST file to my Outlook. Then go to New item> More Items > Post in this folder. Currently, I cannot reproduce this issue in my environment(Outlook Build 1708 on Win 10, 1709)

Have you tried re-adding the PST file to your Outlook and then post a message to check whether it will be showed in the folder?

Any updates, please post back at ease.

Regards,

Perry Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, January 5, 2018 7:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, January 8, 2018 7:08 AM
    Friday, January 5, 2018 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check whether this issue is solved?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:02 AM