none
SBS 2011 Standard Freezing RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup a new SBS server standard 2011 & downloaded all the updates.

I have successfully setup one client on network by using the "connect" program via IE. (Email, file sharing etc all working great).

However, I am having an issues with a Laptop that causes the Server to Freeze when I attempt to run the "connect" program.

I have formatted and reinstalled Windows 7 Pro and downloaded all the available updates on the Laptop but it still causes the server to freeze.

Its got me stumped!

Any feed back would be appreciated.

grantrowan
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:16 PM

All replies

• it shouldn't be possible for a client to make the server freeze but I have to believe you and suggest possibly network.

Make sure the drivers for network on both the server and PC are up to date. Maybe if one or the other is going into a 'chattery' state...

Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:03 PM
  • Yeah I was very surprised that the client locked up the Server.

I have done all the updateds for drivers etc.

I also tryed adding the client manualy to the domain.

Whiched worked for about 10 minutes then the server lockedup again!

My solution at the moment is put that laptop in the cupboard and spring out a fresh one!

grantrowan
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:37 PM
  • onboard NIC? Does it have wireless or do you have a USB NIC you can try? It would be interesting to confirm that it is the NIC causing the problem.
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:18 PM
  • Hi GrantRowan, do you need further help on the issue? If the issue is not resolved, please feel free to let us know. Thanks.

Sean Zhu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Just out of curiosity if that laptop isn't connected to the server does it still freezes?Does freeze means nothing responds like keyboard or mouse and you have to do a hard reboot?
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:00 PM
  • I have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?
    Server:
    Board ASUS | Core2Duo E8400 | 4Gb DDR2 Kingston | HDD 1T WD SATA II + 2x 500GB WD SATA II | Power Supply HP 550W | VGA ATI PCIx | NIC Onboard
    Drivers:
    Windows and Windows Update

Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:52 PM