none
Deploying .jar application on MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to deploy an application (JMOT) for my task sequence. The problem is that is a .jar file for the executable.

I try to just add a step with a powershell script, because I need to copy an entire folder on the "C:" target computer and then I try to create a symbolicLink to the desktop. It work locally on my computer but it don't work when I'm deploying with my task sequence.

I would like to know if they are best practice to deploy on a desktop for all user a .jar on MDT.

Thanks.

Monday, July 15, 2019 9:54 AM

All replies

• What does JMOT holds. Is it executable file or appx

How are you handling the installation manually for all users. Please elaborate more, I haven't tried to install the app. 

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

They don't have any installation, I join a screen.

It's only a .jar with a "lib" folder that contains a "parameters.class" file.

People just have to open the "JMOT.jar" to work.

Idk how to copy all the folder in the C: target computer and create a shorcut of .jar with MDT.

Thanks,

Monday, August 19, 2019 2:27 PM
  • Could you please share the app architecture. How do you want to proceed.

>>If you are looking to copy entire app directories in C drive then you need to copy the app file in Deploymentshare>Scripts>AppName

Run the xcopy command through MDT Tasksequence. 

>>Create a shortcut manually from program files and copy the lnk files to Deploymentshare>Scripts>AppName

Run the copy command line with source and destination to execute it.  

Monday, August 19, 2019 2:51 PM