none
touchpad is not scrolling RRS feed

• Question

• hi! recently i updated my windows 10 to the latest version and problem was my touchpad is not scrolling up and down plsss!!! tell me how to fix it and i'm using ASUS A555la 

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue could occur due to in-compatible or corrupt touchpad drivers.

You can also check for any error in device manager for the Keyboard and other pointing device driver and write to us. Please follow the steps given below to see it.

a) Press Windows Key + X Key on desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Expand Keyboard and other pointing device.

d) Check if there is any error ( ! sign ) or ( ? Sign  ).

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

Follow the steps given below:

1.Press Windows + W together.

2.Write Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.

3.Click on Troubleshooting tab.

4.Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

5.Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

6.Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I suggest you to try updating the touch pad drivers and check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

1. Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand ‘Pointing Devices’.

3. Right-click on the Touchpad listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

If that did not help, then try installing the touchpad drivers from Dell website and then try installing the drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

1. Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

2. Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

3. Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system(Windows 8.1), then tap or click OK.

4. Try installing the driver and check.

You may also try downloading the driver from ASUS website.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:12 AM