none
SQL Server 2012 License with System Center 2012

Question

• We have purchased a license for System Center 2012 which supposedly comes with a license for SQL Server 2012.

There are many threads on this however there does not seem to be a clear answer. 

With SQL Server 2012 installed, the media can be used to update the license key, however we did not receive a license key for SQL with our System Center purchase. It just says "no license key is required".

If the SQL media requires a license to install, how does one go about installing SQL Server 2012 for SCCM 2012? 

Thursday, August 08, 2013 4:44 AM

Answers

• Ok, so I ended up figuring it out, so I'll post here in case it helps someone else.

The license key is embedded in the ISO which you download from the Volume Licensing center. 

So you need to download that particular version, mount it and then just follow the normal instructions for upgrading SQL 2012 from evaluation to licensed.

When you get to entering a product key, the key is already in there.

• Marked as answer by ByronCollege Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:43 AM
    • Edited by ByronCollege Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:57 AM
    Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:43 AM

All replies

• Ok, so I ended up figuring it out, so I'll post here in case it helps someone else.

The license key is embedded in the ISO which you download from the Volume Licensing center. 

So you need to download that particular version, mount it and then just follow the normal instructions for upgrading SQL 2012 from evaluation to licensed.

When you get to entering a product key, the key is already in there.

• Marked as answer by ByronCollege Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:43 AM
    • Edited by ByronCollege Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:57 AM
    Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:43 AM
  • If you have access to multiple versions of SQL, just remember that only the standard edition of SQL is inculded in the bundle. If you need the Enterprise version of SQL you still need another license.

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Thursday, August 08, 2013 8:07 AM
  • This helped - thank yoiu
    Sunday, November 01, 2015 11:26 PM