none
Only the approval screen pops up when new update submitted for project

Question

• I have a PM that used to get the pop up box "Team members have submitted 1 new update to the plan. Would you like to review these updates now and apply them to the plan? Yes or No" when he opened a project that had status updates submitted and needed approval. NOW for some reason he is not getting the pop up box. It is only automatically opening up his PWA approval page.

As the Admin, I change the status manager for the task in question to myself, saved and published the project. Then reopened the project and I get the pop up box asking Yes or No. I changed everything back to him and he still does not get the pop up box.

How did this change take place and how can I change it back. He wants the pop up box.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

after trying a lot, I see the difference you describe. When I open a project as read only, there is no pop up. Opening in write mode, I get the notification.

• When opening from Project Center, project opens in write mode, so you will get pop up.
    • From Open dialog, you can decide:
    • Opening from "Recent" list, project will be opened as it was with the last open.

So I assume your colleague changed the way he is opening his projects?

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog MVP

• Marked as answer by lbaratta Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:54 PM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:35 PM