none
BSOD (NO DMP FILE). RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a big problem with my pc since it won't boot anymore...

Since i've gotten my pc working, it worked for about 3 days tops, and then started getting bsod's. So i searched and searched on forums like tom's hardware and stuff but didn't help with anything.

So, my new pc we'll call it pc "A" and my old pc, pc "B"

PC "A" won't boot windows in any way including the windows "boot cd" that is used to install windows.

But the thing is, if i take my SSD that i have usually on PC "A" and boot it up to PC "B", it somehow works...

My first diagnosis was evidently that it was hardware, i'm not sure, cause i'm not a pro :). It's usually codes:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. i sniped sometimes that it may be caused by ACPI.SYS. 

So now the problem is, i can't dump out logs. No MEMORY.DMP file, no Minidump (even tho i set the dumping to small memory dump, and the path file is %systemroot%\Minidump.) so the 2 questions are:

How do i fix my BSOD, How do i get my logs to show up so it's easier to help.

i've tried everything.

Please help.

Monday, May 29, 2017 6:34 PM

All replies

• According to the bug check message: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Your BSOD is usually caused by kernel mode device drivers using improper addresses.

This bug check indicates that an attempt was made to access an invalid address while at a raised interrupt request level (IRQL). This is either a bad memory pointer or a pageability problem with the device driver code.

For more detailed information, please refer to this MSDN article.

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560129(v=vs.85).aspx

In my opinion, since your new PC can’t boot via boot disk, you should backup your important data and contact manufacturer after-sale support, new PC has free warranty permission, you could even request for an exchange.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:39 AM
  • On the other hand, there is a guide introducing How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Good luck.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:39 AM