none
Install just mgmt tools for Hyper-V on Windows 10 via MDT 2013 U2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install the Hyper-V mgmt. tools during my Windows 10 Task sequence. I am using the Install Roles and Features task to do so. For that task I set the following:

Selected "Windows 10" as the operating system for which roles are to be installed.

checked the following 3 boxes for roles and features that should be installed:  

• Hyper-V Management Tools
    • Hyper-V GUI Management Tools
    • Hyper-V Module for Windows Powershell

The task sequence completes without error. My problem is that I am finding that the actual Hyper-V Hypervisor is being installed in addition to the management tools. I only wish to install the management tools and not the actual hypervisor services. I can go in afterwards and manually remove the hypervisor and the tools will remain. I'm guessing I could use a "command line" task to install these features instead of the "Install Roles and Features" task but I would prefer not to have to go that route.

Was curious if anyone has seen this and how to resolve? If not, then please provide CLI command(s) to install only the Hyper-V management tools and powershell support if you know.

Thanks,

Mike

Thursday, June 9, 2016 6:46 PM

Answers

• I believe this will enable Hyper-V tools (run Powershell as Admin):Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Feature 'Microsoft-Hyper-V-Tools-All' - Online
    Friday, June 10, 2016 8:13 PM