Problem starting Microsoft Forefront Server Protection Eventing Service? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Our Exchange 2007 Microsoft Exchange Information Store and Microsoft Exchange Transport services wont start. All dependencies have started except Microsoft Forefront Server Protection Eventing Service. We tried starting it manually but we got this message (see attached). Any idea how to fix this? Since we cant start Microsoft Exchange Information Store and Microsoft Exchange Transport services, OWA users cant access their emails. Please advise.

Thanks,

Arnel

Sunday, February 9, 2014 10:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Arnel,

Based on your description, I understand that the Microsoft Forefront Server Protection Eventing Service can’t be started.

Please run services.msc, select the Microsoft Forefront Server Protection Eventing Service and double-click to open it. In the service properties show box, please select Dependencies tab to check which service that it depends on didn’t start.

Meanwhile, would you please let me know which version of the Forefront for Exchange Server? Please check if you have installed the latest updates to Forefront for Exchange Server. (Such as: Hotfix Rollup 3 for Microsoft Forefront Protection for Exchange and so on.)

By the way, this issue seems to be more related to Forefront for Exchange Server. Please post it in the Forefront for Exchange Server forum. I believe we will get a better assistance there.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/forefront/en-US/home?forum=FSENext

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Monday, February 24, 2014 5:14 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:44 AM