none
Why do resources reappear in a Project 2010 Pro / Project Server project? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

We've been trying to remove unused resources from a collection of linked projects in Pro 2010 that are based on Project Server 2010 and Enterprise Resources.  It seems like after we commit a set of these changes to one project, the resources come back the same way the next time we open that project.  Any idea what might be causing these resources to reappear in the project?

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:31 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by "linked projects" and what steps are you taking to remove the resources from a project?

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:57 PM
  • Hi Reid,

We have about a dozen projects on Project Server that have predecessor / successor  links to each other and are sharing enterprise resources via Project Server as well.  Within a project that has enterprise resources attached but not in use (0 work, 0 actual work), we use "Delete Resource" on the resource in a resource sheet.   The project is closed and committed after the resources are deleted.  When we reopen the project later, the unused resources that were deleted reappear. (Summary Resources are not being loaded.)

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:05 PM
  • The only scenario I know of that would cause this would be if you have more than one project open at once, and the resource is a member of the other project team.

Otherwise, this is certainly unexpected behavior, and I do not know what would cause it.  One thing you might try, if you haven't already, would be to remove the resources using the Build Team from Enterprise dialog box instead of the Resource Sheet.  This is just a guess - something I would try - maybe you'll get lucky.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:22 PM