DVD Drive not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

My Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

So I happened to purchase a new DVD Drive for my PC just because of the fact that my previous one wasn't being detected by the computer. I bought the SAMSUNG Super Writemaster. The icon of the DVD Drive showed up for around 4 hours(the amount of time I spent on the computer. The next day, when the computer booted up, I decided to burn some mp3 files on a CD. But, that couldn't happen because the DVD drive icon had just disappeared from My Computer. When I press the eject button on the DVD drive, the CD tray comes out, which means that there is no issue with the power supply. Please help me guys. Thanks! 

• Edited by WasayrKhan Sunday, July 6, 2014 7:58 PM
    Sunday, July 6, 2014 7:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please run the Windows 7 Fix it utility.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, July 6, 2014 8:21 PM
  • Carey Frisch,

Thanks for your advice. I ran the utility and the issue the troubleshooter detected was "No DVD playback device detected" What should I do now?

Sunday, July 6, 2014 8:45 PM
  • 1. If previous drive has not worked, then you should test the SATA drive and cable. Wrong SATA cable may cause this. Also you can test drive in another computer.

2. Look into Device Manager if the DVD drive is installed correctly. Yellow mark may indicate problem.

3. Insert any good DVD disc into drive.Empty drive need not respond correctly

4. Does drive respond to initial testing (lights, etc)

5. I use free CDBurnerXP...

Regards

Milos

Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:02 PM
  • Hello Milos!

Thanks for your reply! Yes, when the PC is booting up, the light on the DVD drive does flash. It even flashes when I press the eject button and the CD tray comes out/goes in.. But the problem is that the icon does not show up...

Sunday, July 6, 2014 10:54 PM
  • try to delete upper lower filter and restart your PC

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

if light on means power ok, try to use another sata cable if any to isolate sata cable issue

• Edited by britishdhez Monday, July 7, 2014 6:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by WasayrKhan Monday, July 7, 2014 6:10 PM
    Monday, July 7, 2014 6:25 AM