none
error after applying SP1 to FIM 2010 R2 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've been running FIM 2010 R2 on a test system since January. We've also been running R2 on production, but we patches the test system this week.  WIndows Update did the apply of SP1 to FIM 2010 R2 and we are now unable to run an AD Management Agent. I think FIM synch isn't starting at all. Were are getting:

    Event ID:      6211
    Task Category: Database
    Level:         Error

    Description:
    The service was unable to start because the version of the database does not match the version of the product.

    We are running Windows server 2008 R2

    I've poked around and couldn't find anybody with the same error  related to SP1. I checked the following and didn't see any indication of this error.

    This indicates that Windows 2012 is supported, but doesn't say its required:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj863246%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

    And this one talks about the <dependentAssembly>. I checked and ours already matches what is mentioned here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=2772429

    And I don't see anything else in the Release Notes that would explain the problem:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj863245%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

    Ideas on where to look next? -- Dean


    Dean Guenther Washington State University

    Friday, May 17, 2013 10:17 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Dean-

    You might see if applying the latest hotfix rollup resolves your database versioning issue - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2832389?wa=wsignin1.0


    My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com

    • Marked as answer by Dean Guenther Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:03 PM
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 5:08 PM
    Moderator
  • Brian's suggestion worked. Very odd. I have a test, development and prod system.

    They are all nearly identical. All have the synch engine on one system. And the DB on a separate system. The only difference I can think of is how exchange was updated on each system for the exchange tools. But I don't see how that would make a difference. As a recap

    In April the test system was upgraded from FIM 2010 R2  to FIM 2010 R2 SP1
    After this upgrade FIM worked fine
    Then a week or two ago we upgraded to Exchange 2010 SP3
    After this upgrade FIM worked fine 

    Then in May upgraded the development system to Exchange 2010 SP3
    FIM worked fine after that
    then we upgraded from FIM 2010 R2  to FIM 2010 R2 SP1 on the development system.
    FIM broke. It wouldn't even start from services, giving the error in the first post.

    I then applied the hotfix suggested by Brian. It asked to upgrade the DB, which it did. And when all was said and done, FIM started and continues to work fine.

    We haven't upgraded to R2 yet in prod, but I'll keep this in mind for when I do.

    Thanks Brian -- Dean


    Dean Guenther Washington State University

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:12 PM