0x00000124 // graphic freeze // black screen hang RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, im using a P5n-t Deluxe with a Q6600 and 2x Nvidia 8800 GT 512 mb from BFG.

I am using latest nforce drivers for my chipset device, latest bios for my mobo, and gfx cards, and the latest beta driver from guru 3d, ive also tried using all the other bios versions for the mobo, since ive had to upgrade from a low version up to latest version here now.

This is the first time i've seen the actual bsod message!!

I am extremly irritaded by this whole issue and tried to read up on other stuff, so just shuot at me if im gimp and should just shut the hell up and not cry about my issues!

But what i've vaughly found out is that apparently only fix is a presumed update from ms for my vista ultimate 64, fix from nvidia, in terms of a bios update, or maybe even a blend of the entire bloddy thing...
    Friday, May 16, 2008 9:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Does the issue start to occur after replacing the display adapter to Nvidia 8800 GT?  BSOD is generally kernel mode crash. Basically, this issue can be caused by several factors. Let’s confirm the following firstly:

1. When did the issue start to occur? (Is it after some software or hardware change?)
    2. How often does the issue occur?

As a commonly used method, if the issue occurs frequently, you can boot the issue into safe mode (or perform clean boot with msconfig) to see if the issue occurs again. If not, we can use msconfig again to identify whether the issue is related to a certain startup item. I suggest your contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS), because it is necessary to debug the crash dump to locate the root cause.

Monday, May 19, 2008 11:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the issue start to occur after replacing the display adapter to Nvidia 8800 GT?  BSOD is generally kernel mode crash. Basically, this issue can be caused by several factors. Let’s confirm the following firstly:

1. When did the issue start to occur? (Is it after some software or hardware change?)
    2. How often does the issue occur?

As a commonly used method, if the issue occurs frequently, you can boot the issue into safe mode (or perform clean boot with msconfig) to see if the issue occurs again. If not, we can use msconfig again to identify whether the issue is related to a certain startup item. I suggest your contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS), because it is necessary to debug the crash dump to locate the root cause.

Monday, May 19, 2008 11:35 AM
  • I have the same exact problem. I've searched everywhere and the 0x00000124 message is completely related to Vista and or NVIDIA and sound drivers. People have reported that if they disable their sound that the error will stop; however, I believe this is an error in the latest NVIDIA drivers because I have yet to find an ATI user who has had these BSOD messages.

There is a large topic here if you need more help. http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1451968&SiteID=17
    Friday, July 4, 2008 2:20 PM
  • ok i have this problem too iam ati user and i installed newest audio drivers but i still have it and i have vista ulta 64bit

• Proposed as answer by Kevin_Guru Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:42 PM
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 5:17 AM