none
my laptop is not working

Question

• i let my husband use my laptop and i went to turn it on and i had a message ( an operating system was't found )i have no disc or anything please help me
    Monday, September 21, 2015 11:18 PM

Answers

• Method 1:

Refer the following steps to perform Automatic Repair:

a.      Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

b.      In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c.       Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d.      Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform check disk and check.

Follow these steps:

This disk check detects bad sectors in hard disk. The backup could be failing if there are any bad sectors on the hard disk.

Follow these steps:

a)         Press Windows key.

b)         Write “cmd” in the search box.

c)         Right click on it and select Run as Administrator from the options present on the bottom.

d)         At the command prompt, type:

chkdsk [drive:] [/p] | [/r]

[drive:] Specifies the drive to check.

/p Check even if the drive is not flagged dirty, bad.

/r Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information (implies /p).

Disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to run the Bootrec.exe tool and check.

To run the Bootrec.exe tool, you must start Windows RE. To do this, follow these steps:

Note: To start the computer from the Windows 8 DVD, the computer must be configured to start from the DVD drive.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

a)      Put the Windows 8 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.

b)      Press a key when you are prompted.

c)      Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.

d)      Click Repair your computer.

e)      Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

f)       In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

g)      Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.

Type the following commands at the Windows RE command prompt:

•bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

•c:

•cd boot

•attrib bcd -s -h -r

•ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

•bootrec /Rebuildbcd

This should fix the start up issues.

I would suggest you to refer to this link as well.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/89a1c2b3-db0d-48f6-84fb-88b201051233/booting-to-winpe-disc-0xc000000f-required-device-is-inaccessible?forum=w7itproinstall

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:28 AM