SCSM 2012 Portal - Certificate Error opening a help article RRS feed

• Question

•  

Server Error in '/ContentHost' Application.

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.]
       System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +2838011
       System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) +321

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.]
       System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +2861577
       System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result) +216

[SecurityNegotiationException: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'hersscsm01'.]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +4767763
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +1725
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.Proxy.ServiceReference.IDataAccessService.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result) +0
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.Proxy.ServiceReference.DataAccessServiceClient.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result) +323
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.ProxyDataGateway.ExecuteScalar(DataCommandScalar`1 command) +654

[DataAccessException: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'hersscsm01'.]
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.ContentHost.KnowledgeArticleHandler.GetEndUserContent(HttpContext context) +1291
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.ContentHost.KnowledgeArticleHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +287
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +597
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266

This error is show when trying to open a help article.

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:08 PM

Answers

• I solved this myself

I used the default location so my web.config file is placed at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\ContentHost\Web.config

Example:

Edit from

<add key="ContentHostAbsoluteUri" value="https://SCSM01:443/ContentHost" />

To

<add key="ContentHostAbsoluteUri" value="https://SCSM01.contoso.com:443/ContentHost" />

I needed to edit this otherwise i could not open KA on the portal.

Friday, November 4, 2011 7:19 AM