none
User defined service is not working in windows server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• User defined service is not working in windows server 2016 , 

I have created a new service using resource tool kit and the service seems running without error but the application is not working as expected , when i run the application manually it seems working fine 

Please help me with this issue , 

Thanks

Magesh

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi

Firstly, I suggest that you can run applications with the highest privilege.

Besides, you probably need to specify an account that can run the application normally on the service's Log On tab:

By default, your service is run in the LocalSystem account which may be very different from the account that you log in to. Your application will encounter trouble if it:

Uses a printer or a network drive and LocalSystem does not have sufficient rights to use those devices

Has never been installed in the LocalSystem account and so can not find its settings there

Needs to access registry values or environment variables in your "normal" account

Specifying your normal account on the Log On tab should solve those kind of problems. Note that your service won't be able to "interact with the desktop" though.

More details you can refer to the following link:

https://www.coretechnologies.com/WindowsServices/FAQ.html

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope can help you.

Best regards

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:37 AM
  • Hi

Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you have any questions, please feel free to reach me out.

Best regards,

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:44 AM