Out of office reply to emails RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Windows Live Mail and can't find how to tell people that email me that I'm out of the office from x date to x date. Am I missing something somewhere?
    Friday, September 2, 2016 10:42 PM

Answers

• I'm using Windows Live Mail and can't find how to tell people that email me that I'm out of the office from x date to x date. Am I missing something somewhere?

Create your message and save it as a text (.txt) file, alternatively use html if you're familiar with it.

Open WLM > Folders Tab at the top > Message rules > Conditions Section, scroll down and tick 'For all messages'. In the Actions Section tick 'Reply with message'. Now click on the underlined word Message and browse to the location of your text file. You will have to select .txt in the drop down box (or html) and finally save it with a meaningful rule name. You probably know that you will have to leave WLM running all the time.

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians behave badly and give the rest a bad name!

Saturday, September 3, 2016 6:56 AM

All replies

Create your message and save it as a text (.txt) file, alternatively use html if you're familiar with it.

Open WLM > Folders Tab at the top > Message rules > Conditions Section, scroll down and tick 'For all messages'. In the Actions Section tick 'Reply with message'. Now click on the underlined word Message and browse to the location of your text file. You will have to select .txt in the drop down box (or html) and finally save it with a meaningful rule name. You probably know that you will have to leave WLM running all the time.

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians behave badly and give the rest a bad name!

Saturday, September 3, 2016 6:56 AM
  • Hi,

As BurrWalnut mentioned, please try it.

In addition, as this issue is mainly related to WLM, I suggest discussing it in our WLM forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot this issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Monday, September 5, 2016 9:41 AM