none
SPO - Documents aren't routed automatically but wait for timer job (set to daily)

Question

• Hi,

When a document enters the drop-off library en metadata is added documents still wait for the timer job to be processed. Just tested this in an SP2013 environment. Here documents are moved instantly.

I've played around with the Content Organizer Settings but no luck sofar.

Anybody any idea?

Help is greatly appriciated!

Monday, January 9, 2017 8:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I tested this in our online environment, when I upload one document which meets Content Organizer Rule, the file will be move to Destination immediately.

Try to check your Content Organizer Rule is setting correctly.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by sander_d Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:08 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:00 AM

All replies

• There is a timer service which routes documents based on the rules. It is called "Content Organizer Processing" timer job. By default is is set to run daily but on-premises you have an option to configure it.

Now as per my understanding you cannot modify this value when it comes to SharePoint online. So you would have to wait for a day as a default value.

Amit

Monday, January 9, 2017 2:30 PM
  • Hi,

You are correct. In the on-premises evironment you are able to modify the timer job. This is not possible in SPO.

What I try to accomplish is that when I modify the metadata for a document the document is moved instantly based on the configured rules.

TIA!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

I tested this in our online environment, when I upload one document which meets Content Organizer Rule, the file will be move to Destination immediately.

Try to check your Content Organizer Rule is setting correctly.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by sander_d Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:08 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

we removed the configuration and configured everything (incl content types) from scratch and it worked.

We removed everything again, reconfigured and it still worked. tested it on another (demo) tenant and it also worked. So i think we had a configuration issue/error. Thnx for the reply!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:10 AM