none
Provisioning objects to a SQL data source that is authoritative for the anchor value

General discussion

•   FIM Knowledge Bit

When you provision objects to a SQL table that is authoritative for the calculation of the anchor value, you still need to define an outbound attribute flow mapping that sets an initial anchor value.
    However, the value is only required for the provisioning process - it is eventually not exported to your SQL table.
    In case of a SQL management agent, the anchor attribute is also the DN.
    Each DN must be unique in a connector space.
    By design, the FIM MA has an inbound attribute flow mapping for the GUID of an object in the FIM connector space configured.
    The related metaverse object attribute is called csObjectID.
    You can use the value of this attribute to initialize the DN of your newly provisioned SQL objects.

The following table shows an example for a related outbound synchronization rule:

By configuring an initial outbound flow mapping with the csObjectID as source and the dn as target, you can provision objects to a SQL connector space that is linked to a source with an auto generated anchor value.

Go to the FIM Knowledge Bit Collection

Markus Vilcinskas, Knowledge Engineer, Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:33 AM
    Owner

All replies

• I have a similar setup where the anchor field is autogenerated by SQL (uniqueidentifier). I've setup my OSR as per above. I have some confusion:

you say that the value is not eventually exported to SQL table. But in my case, I'm getting an error of "type mismatch". Does this mean FIM is trying to write the value but SQL is refusing? Accounts are being provisioned in SQL CS successfully. How come the value is not exported to SQL when we are specifying a "initial only" flow?

how can I get rid of this "type mismatch" error?

Found the answer in another post:

Allow Nulls Destination Source
    false ID +("{",UpperCase(csObjectID),"}")

Thanks Jeremy and Markus for the solution. 

Sachin Shahi
    Friday, March 18, 2011 3:14 AM