Windows 7 theme glitch? or virus? RRS feed

• Question

• So on February 6, 2011 at 1:00 AM, the theme of my computer switched to the blue one (i'm not sure what it's called). The background picture stayed the same as before, but the toolbar was blue and the windows looked different. The same thing happened to my friend at the exact same time. After around 5 minutes, it switched back to my normal theme. I'm not sure if I got a virus or if this is just a glitch with Windows 7. Can someone help me figure this out?
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 9:30 AM

Answers

• Do you mean the transparency is gone and you have the Windows Basic Theme? This can happen becasue the WinSAT tool is running in background to calculate the Index again or you use a 3rd party tool which doesn't support Aero Glass.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:08 AM
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:07 PM
  • For whatever reason, the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service stopped. Windows 7 restarted the service and the Aero theme was then restored.
    If it occurs again you can restart the service yourself by clicking the Start orb, in the Search programs and files field type in servic.
    Under Programs, right click Services, and choose 'Run as administrator'. Agree to the UAC prompt.
    Locate Desktop Window Manager Session Manager, click once on it to highlight it, then click the Start service link.

MowGreen
    Windows Expert IT Pro - Consumer Security

*-343-* FDNY
    NEVER FORGOTTEN

Monday, February 7, 2011 11:34 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Do you mean the transparency is gone and you have the Windows Basic Theme? This can happen becasue the WinSAT tool is running in background to calculate the Index again or you use a 3rd party tool which doesn't support Aero Glass.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:07 PM
  • For whatever reason, the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service stopped. Windows 7 restarted the service and the Aero theme was then restored.
    If it occurs again you can restart the service yourself by clicking the Start orb, in the Search programs and files field type in servic.
    Under Programs, right click Services, and choose 'Run as administrator'. Agree to the UAC prompt.
    Locate Desktop Window Manager Session Manager, click once on it to highlight it, then click the Start service link.

MowGreen
    Windows Expert IT Pro - Consumer Security

*-343-* FDNY
    NEVER FORGOTTEN

Monday, February 7, 2011 11:34 PM
    Answerer