none
Protecting data on MUI Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have some issue with protecting data on a MUI Client.

My Windows 7 64bit OS is English but a French language pack in installed and configured on it.

Once i try to protect datas in the UserProfile such as Documents or Desktop through the protection group creation drop down list then my client doesn't synchronize any of the data.
    On the client log, we can see that he receive the policy.

But once i try to sync UserProfile globally than it takes everything including the Documents or Desktop.

Anyone experienced the issue earlier?

Regards.

Monday, October 4, 2010 9:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

i'll keep this thread up to date.

The issue was inside the Master used for the computers.

All users profiles variable were returning datas from a non existing user. Changes in the registry made it OK.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:10 AM

All replies

• The resolution of well known folders like Desktop or My Documents happens on the client machine when it connects. This happens by resolving these well known folders based on the registry settings in the client machine. what did you do to sync the UserProfile globally? The time you saw the issue could be a transient time when the profiles are not completely synced and a backup is attempted.
    Thanks VRMURHTY [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:47 AM
  • Hi,

i'll keep this thread up to date.

The issue was inside the Master used for the computers.

All users profiles variable were returning datas from a non existing user. Changes in the registry made it OK.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:10 AM