none
DPM 2016 Server Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded our current DPM Server from DPM 2012 R2 to DPM 2016. I want to replace the server with a new one running Windows 2016. The database name on our current server is DPMDB. I build the new server with Windows 2016, SQL 2014, and DPM 2016. When I install DPM on the new server it creates a database named DPMDB_Server. (It looks like I don't have any control on the database name) I want to restore the current database to the new server. Is that going to be an issue because the database names are different or when I restore the DPMDB backup on the new server do I just restore it into the DPMDB_Server database?
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 6:44 PM

All replies

• I did not found any official documentation about this "issue", but as far as I know you need to restore the database into the DPMDB_Server database (new DB name). After restore you need to run DPMSync command-line tool to synchronize the database with the disks in the storage pool. 

Restore and synchronize the DPM database with DPMSync

Keep in mind that you will need to connect the storage pool from your old DPM to your new DPM server. Also you will need to update Agent settings if you updated the DPM server hostname. 

MCSE, MCSA, MS, MCP, MCTS, System Engineer

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:20 AM