WAN and LAN subnet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have been puzzled with the new network that I need your help:

Head office: 192.168.10.0 / 24

Branch office 1: 10.3.45.0 /24

Branch office 2: 10.2.34.0 /24

so on...

I am at Head office and able to ping/ or VNC to all branch offices. I did have a look at the structure of DNS/ or network infrastructure, there is nothing about connection between Head office and branch offices. there is no VPN site-to-site between Head office and branch offices.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:08 AM

Answers

• Let me get this straight: You don't have a problem and you wonder why? :)

If you run tracert from a computer in head office to a computer in the branch office and you don't see any hops on public ip addresses and/or ISP's equipment then you have a transparent VPN tunnel.

• Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Saturday, April 30, 2011 3:51 PM
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:16 AM

All replies

• Let me get this straight: You don't have a problem and you wonder why? :)

If you run tracert from a computer in head office to a computer in the branch office and you don't see any hops on public ip addresses and/or ISP's equipment then you have a transparent VPN tunnel.

• Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Saturday, April 30, 2011 3:51 PM
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Thank you Erik, that is right I just wanted to know how it works. One thing I should mention is that every time we open a new branch office, our ISP provides us a pre-configured router for the new branch office that leads me to think that you could be right about the transparent VPN tunel .... I am googling that atm.

Thanks again

Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:09 PM
  • Thought I'd let you know that our system is IP-VPN.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 12:21 PM