none
Why would my gpedit not display all administratirve templates such as desktop and control panel

Question

• My new xp sp3 classroom computers do not contain all the gpedit folders I am used to using.  My school district requires the vendor to image new computers with certain alterations.  I am told only an administrator on the "server" can modify the missing settings.  SteadyState allows me to lock the Control Panel but not prevent changes to background/wallpaper.  I had a response from Sean Zhu about SteadyState but that mesage did not address the missing Administrative Templates.  Can it be that my district altered the original Microsoft Windows package?  Is there a way I can install the missing gp templates at the local level?
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Stephen, what do you mean by missing administrative templates? Windows SteadyState provides a template "SCTSettings.adm" which names as "All Windows SteadyState templates" in group policy and it does not contain a gp regarding background or wallpaper. If you refer to gp included in Windows XP, you can post the issue to Windows XP forum via the following link:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsxpitpro

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, September 28, 2009 6:23 AM