none
Free Word Processor Application turns Black printed file names to Blue printed file names, after downloading & install.

Question

• The all of sudden change of color print of file folders, from black to blue is suspicious enough to think there's a possible virus or spyware, causing the transformation of normal black printed to blue print. 

Is there a way to correct the change of printed file color to blue? The changing started after updating a free word processor, at its website. After installing & using the program, my name files started turning blue.

Do Microsoft know the cause of this type of transformation?, It would help to cure it.

Sincerely: Lee V Payne-4/27/2018 - 1:52 PM EST.

Lee Payne

• Edited by lee vernon Friday, April 27, 2018 5:54 PM misprint
    Friday, April 27, 2018 5:53 PM

Answers

• What is the free word processor?

What if uninstall it and reinstall it? 

It is appreciated that you can upload a picture here to help me understand your issue.

To troubleshoot if it is caused by the software, uninstall it and seeing what will happen.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lee vernon Sunday, April 29, 2018 1:33 AM
    Saturday, April 28, 2018 2:41 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to preview before you print? 

It is suggested that you can print using another program to see if it has the same result, like Word. If the problem doesn't happen using other application, I think it is caused by the update of Abiword free word processor. 

You can provide the picture or video by click the option:

If you don't have permission to add the picture, you can add the hyperlink, upload the picture to a network driver, and share it using the hyperlink.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 3:28 AM
    1. Click the Start button and open Computer.
    2. Click the Organize button, choose Folder and Search Options from the drop-down menu, and click the View tab.
    3. Click to remove the checkmark from the box named, “Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color.”
    4. After unchecking the checkbox (shown below), click the OK button.

• Marked as answer by lee vernon Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:45 AM
    Monday, May 07, 2018 7:33 AM

All replies

• What is the free word processor?

What if uninstall it and reinstall it? 

It is appreciated that you can upload a picture here to help me understand your issue.

To troubleshoot if it is caused by the software, uninstall it and seeing what will happen.

• Marked as answer by lee vernon Sunday, April 29, 2018 1:33 AM
    Saturday, April 28, 2018 2:41 AM
  • If you have any problems, please feel free to let me know.

Saturday, April 28, 2018 8:01 AM
  • Hi---I tried a couple of times, to uninstall/reinstall the (Abiword free word processor) from a "different" website offering "free" word processors. The same transformation of color print happens to name folder files, from black to blue folders.----It would help to direct the link for a screen shot of this type of problem. I don't see a upload link on the Microsoft Technet thread webpage.-----Hope to here from you soon.

Sincerely: LVP -4/28/2018 - 9:42 PM EST.

Lee Payne

Sunday, April 29, 2018 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to preview before you print? 

It is suggested that you can print using another program to see if it has the same result, like Word. If the problem doesn't happen using other application, I think it is caused by the update of Abiword free word processor. 

You can provide the picture or video by click the option:

If you don't have permission to add the picture, you can add the hyperlink, upload the picture to a network driver, and share it using the hyperlink.

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 3:28 AM
  • HI---This will be my final say about the change of print from the Abiword free word processor.

The problem is obviously from the "different" website from the programs own.

I have tried a different free word processor program on my PC, but the same results happened with creating blue printed files.---here's a upload picture for your studying this problem from: (www.thebalanceeveryday.com).

Signed: LVP -5/5/2018 - 8:54 PM EST. 

Lee Payne

• Edited by lee vernon Sunday, May 06, 2018 12:56 AM misprint
    Sunday, May 06, 2018 12:54 AM
    1. Click the Start button and open Computer.
    2. Click the Organize button, choose Folder and Search Options from the drop-down menu, and click the View tab.
    3. Click to remove the checkmark from the box named, “Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color.”
    4. After unchecking the checkbox (shown below), click the OK button.

• Marked as answer by lee vernon Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:45 AM
    Monday, May 07, 2018 7:33 AM
  • Hi---Sorry I took this long to review your suggestion & answer, but thanks for the reply to this type of problem with files. Thanks again. --Sincerely: LVP -5/16/2018 -1:50 AM EST.

Lee Payne

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:50 AM