none
mice and other pointing device missing in device manager

Question

• touchpad totally not fuctioning

mice and other pointing device is missing in my device manager after i install windows 8.1 in my acer E5-411 i cant use my touch pad even i finished install synaptics drivers 

its so frustrating so many times i tried different options still it didnt work

need some expert opinion about this one

Friday, October 30, 2015 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi rhedz,

Did the external mouse work well? Is it available to operate the machine now?

To make a device work well, we should get a compatible driver for the device. It is recommended to download the latest windows 8.1 drivers for the device from the device manufacturer website. Please check for updates manually for the machine and ensure the machine has got the latest updates.

If the touch pad and the external mouse device(try different USB port) won`t work and it is not available to operate the machine, we could try to boot into safe mode to have a check.
    Restart the machine, keep pressing "Shift", "Troubleshoot", "Advanced", "Startup Option", "Safe mode with network", Restart.

If the touch pad and the external mouse still won`t work, we may need to troubleshoot the hardware issue.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 2, 2015 2:00 AM

All replies

• Hi rhedz,

Did the external mouse work well? Is it available to operate the machine now?

To make a device work well, we should get a compatible driver for the device. It is recommended to download the latest windows 8.1 drivers for the device from the device manufacturer website. Please check for updates manually for the machine and ensure the machine has got the latest updates.

If the touch pad and the external mouse device(try different USB port) won`t work and it is not available to operate the machine, we could try to boot into safe mode to have a check.
    Restart the machine, keep pressing "Shift", "Troubleshoot", "Advanced", "Startup Option", "Safe mode with network", Restart.

If the touch pad and the external mouse still won`t work, we may need to troubleshoot the hardware issue.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 2, 2015 2:00 AM
  • the cursor is showing when i use external mouse, but it missing when i unplug the external mouse ...what should i do?i've try to download mouse driver and installed it but they didnt suppor

thank you

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 9:16 AM