Very strange dialog box on the CX600 Polycom Phone after applying firmware version 4.0.7577.4366 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi !

After applying the latest update 4.0.7577.4366, every time a user tries to put a call on hold, it sees this strange dialog box:

Then I have to reboot the phone to be able to use it.

Did anyone have a similar issue ?

Thanks,

Antonio

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:38 PM

Answers

• By resetting the phone to the previous firmware (4.0.7577.4066) the problem disappears.

Antonio

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, January 25, 2013 8:38 AM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:57 PM
  • Even we the new update, I still had the problem, until I "found" the solution:  Putting the setting in Lync MusicOnHoldAudioFile to null. I thought it was an option, but I realized in my tests that if I didn't do it, it seemed that the CX500/600 phone was trying to get the file mentionned in that setting (file that was on a network path), so that's why the dialog box came up. Now that the setting is null, no more dialog box and the MOH works well on the CX500/600 phones.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 1:15 PM

All replies

• By resetting the phone to the previous firmware (4.0.7577.4066) the problem disappears.

Antonio

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, January 25, 2013 8:38 AM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:57 PM
  • Hi,

Please make sure you have installed the latest update to the Lync servers in the same time.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:17 AM
  • Hello Antonio,

I suggest opening a ticket with Polycom at http://support.polycom.com/

Are you able to reproduce this on every reboot? Is it limited to certain phones or all phones? Can you provide the date code and Rev. from the white sticker on the bottom (this sticker also has the MAC)

It is an interesting issue and everyone i have talked to has not seen this issue so we'd like to get to the bottom of it.

Thank you.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:55 PM
  • Hi !

Yes, I was able to reproduce the issue with every CX600 phone i tried. The issued isn't there on the CX500. I will be able to provide you the date code and rev. Monday when I will be back at the office.

Thanks,

Antonio

Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:44 PM
  • Finally the issue apparead for the first time on a CX500 phone today. On the phone white label I have : L304 REV D
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:35 PM
  • The CU7 package for the Polycom Aries phones (CX500/600/3000) has been re-released as version .4372 and I suggest installing the latest version to see if this resolves your issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2737911

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:57 PM
  • Even we the new update, I still had the problem, until I "found" the solution:  Putting the setting in Lync MusicOnHoldAudioFile to null. I thought it was an option, but I realized in my tests that if I didn't do it, it seemed that the CX500/600 phone was trying to get the file mentionned in that setting (file that was on a network path), so that's why the dialog box came up. Now that the setting is null, no more dialog box and the MOH works well on the CX500/600 phones.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 1:15 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem with my CX500 phone and I see your subject.

When you put MusicOnHoldAudioFile to null, I don't understand how yours polycom phones can play the MOH? Where can they find the audio file?

Thanks

• Edited by Marc 26 Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:43 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:42 AM
  • The audio file is built-in to the firmware in the CU7 release so it is not customizable.  This policy setting for a file location only applies to the Windows soft clients, so that is why you need to assign a policy to the phones which includes a null value so that the phone will use the embedded file for audio.  It cannot connect to a custom location if defined in a policy.

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:45 PM