none
DPM 2012 Install Rollup Update 3 Failed RRS feed

• Question

• trying to install Rollup Update 3 to DPM 2012 server i got this error

MSI (s) (28!F4) [16:08:33:788]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
    ExecuteSqlStrings:  Error 0x80040e2f: failed to execute SQL string, error: The statement has been terminated., SQL key: sqlscript_KB2751230Fix.sql SQL string: insert into tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting
    (PropertyName, PropertyValue)
    values ('ConsiderOfflineMediaToCheckOffsiteReady', '1')
    MSI (s) (28!F4) [16:08:33:788]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (s) (28!F4) [16:08:33:788]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (s) (28!F4) [16:08:33:788]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
    MSI (s) (28!F4) [16:08:33:788]: Product: Microsoft System Center 2012 - Data Protection Manager -- Error 26204. Error -2147217873: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: The statement has been terminated., SQL key: sqlscript_KB2751230Fix.sql SQL string: insert into tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting
    (PropertyName, PropertyValue)
    values ('ConsiderOfflineMediaToCheckOffsiteReady', '1')

any idea

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Anuj,

I would like to thank you for your effort but we successfully solved the issue. it seem that the update running a script which need to insert a property in a database table as this error state

ExecuteSqlStrings:  Error 0x80040e2f: failed to execute SQL string, error: The statement has been terminated., SQL key: sqlscript_KB2751230Fix.sql SQL string: insert into tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting

(PropertyName, PropertyValue) values ('ConsiderOfflineMediaToCheckOffsiteReady', '1')

so we try to run a query on the Database to check this property value and found that its already exist with same value which prevent the update from contniue updating the DB

Select * from tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting where PropertyName = 'ConsiderOfflineMediaToCheckOffsiteReady’

so we backed up the database and delete this RAW from the effected table:

Delete from tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting where PropertyName = 'ConsiderOfflineMediaToCheckOffsiteReady’

then the update went successfully :)

Thanks and Regards

• Marked as answer by Melgendi Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:54 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Melgendi,Could you please give me some back ground information before we can suggest an action plan :

1) What is the current Build Version of DPM 2012 - RTM or 4.0.1915.0?

2) Is this a fresh install of DPM 2012 or did we try to uninstalland reinstall DPM prior to this installation and restore any old DPMDB.

3) Also could you paste the entire log file as that would be really helpful in narrowing down the cause.

Regards,

Anuj

Regards, AJ (MSFT)

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:58 PM
  • Hi Anuj,

appreciate your help, this is a fresh Installation of DPM 2012 its on Production, one Backup Protection group configured to Backup Hyper-V Environement to Tape Library only.

the current version is 4.0.1908.0

for the entire Logs please send me mail so i can send it to you.

Regards

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:54 AM
  • you can send the logs to - v_2anuba@hotmail.com.

Now with the current status of the issue, did you try and install UR 2 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2706783

Please remember to backup the DPMDB before running any updates - using the DPM powershell management tool, run the following command - dpmbackup -db

The backup file will be stored under - c:\program files\System Center 2012\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\Shadow Copies\Backup

Will wait for the log file to provide further analysis and action plan.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All. Regards, AJ (MSFT)

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:44 PM
  • Hi Anuj,

i installed the rollup update 2 successfully however the UR 3 is still give the same error, i sent you the Logs on the mail.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:58 AM
  • Hi Anuj,

I would like to thank you for your effort but we successfully solved the issue. it seem that the update running a script which need to insert a property in a database table as this error state

(PropertyName, PropertyValue) values ('ConsiderOfflineMediaToCheckOffsiteReady', '1')

so we try to run a query on the Database to check this property value and found that its already exist with same value which prevent the update from contniue updating the DB

Select * from tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting where PropertyName = 'ConsiderOfflineMediaToCheckOffsiteReady’

so we backed up the database and delete this RAW from the effected table:

Delete from tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting where PropertyName = 'ConsiderOfflineMediaToCheckOffsiteReady’

then the update went successfully :)

Thanks and Regards

• Marked as answer by Melgendi Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:54 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:54 AM