locked
enumallwebs Command line error. RRS feed

  • Question

  • enumcontentdbs lists, among other things:

    <ContentDatabase Server="chart" Name="WSS_Content_Compass443" />

    However the following command:

    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN>stsadm -o enumallwebs  -databasename "WSS_Content_Compass443" -databaseserver "chart"

    with or without quotes returns:

    Command line error.

    Usage:
               stsadm.exe -o <operation> [<parameters>]
               stsadm.exe -help [<operation>]

    etc.

    I am running Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Enterprise with SP2.

    I tried this suggestion in another thread with the same issue that was also never resolved:

    stsadm -o enumallwebs -databasename dbname -includefeatures -includesetupfiles -includewebparts -includeeventreceivers -includecustomlistview

    Just thought I'd ask if anyone has managed to solve anything like this in the last couple of years.

    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:53 AM

Answers

  • I'm assuming that you've referred to this link already? http://sharing-the-experience.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/stsadm-o-enumallwebs-includefeature.html

    Have you tried the command with just the database name?


    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/


    • Edited by Steven AndrewsEditor Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:24 AM Removed SP3 reference
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Preston,

    I agree with Steven.

    Please make sure the October Cumulative Update is installed (version 12.0.6520.5000), so that we can use stsadm –o EnumAllWebs command.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/bb735839.aspx

    Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.


    Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:32 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:58 AM
  • I finally got it working this morning, so to add to the other replies in case someone else runs into this problem:

    The updates were failing due to a directory access error. The complete solution was to detach and re-attach the content databases, then run the updates. Now the command works.

    • Marked as answer by Preston Park Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:23 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:23 PM

All replies

  • I'm assuming that you've referred to this link already? http://sharing-the-experience.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/stsadm-o-enumallwebs-includefeature.html

    Have you tried the command with just the database name?


    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/


    • Edited by Steven AndrewsEditor Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:24 AM Removed SP3 reference
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Preston,

    I agree with Steven.

    Please make sure the October Cumulative Update is installed (version 12.0.6520.5000), so that we can use stsadm –o EnumAllWebs command.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/bb735839.aspx

    Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.


    Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:32 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:58 AM
  • I finally got it working this morning, so to add to the other replies in case someone else runs into this problem:

    The updates were failing due to a directory access error. The complete solution was to detach and re-attach the content databases, then run the updates. Now the command works.

    • Marked as answer by Preston Park Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:23 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:23 PM