Which folder to look out for say if i intend to retreive email, contacts & address book? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a additional hd plug into a pc running windows 7, previously the crash pc/hd is running windows xp with outlook express. Not long the pc crash, luckily all the data, doc, pics is intact though it can't boot into windows desktop but i can still view & retreive the file, pics, data etc once i plug it in as a secondary hd or slave

But then i'm not too sure which folder should i retreive from when comes to email, anyone care to share? Fyi i need the email, address book & contact
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:39 PM
    Answerer

Answers

• Hi,

To address this issue, it is better post in Windows XP forum since outlook express is a Windows XP feature.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itproxpsp/threads

Meanwhile, based on my research, you can check the following locations.

Address Book

C:\Documents and Settings\#USERNAME#\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\USERNAME.wab

Folder within your inbox, outbox, sent and newsgroups.

C:\Documents and Settings\#USERNAME#\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{unique hex string}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\*.dbx

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, November 28, 2011 9:28 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:44 AM