Cannot download Win Media Player- Only Media Plugin in Win Vista Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried unsuccessfully to download Win Media Player although the plugin is in the control panel. When you press start-programs-threre's no Windows Media Player listed in all the Win applications. However, when using internet streaming the player always works. Why isn't it on my laptop windows?

So I have tried to get the windows application so i can play back or add to my music or videos and its none existent. This is very frustrating as I have always had the player for many, many, years. I can play my RealPlayer and WinAmp perfectly!

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:31 AM Moved to more relevant forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Program Access and Computer Defaults, choose "Custom" and expand it. Make sure "Enable access to this program".

Or you can type wmplayer.exe from start manu, right click on it and select pin to start menu.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:24 AM