none
backup error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a multi-server farm environment, I  used an UNC path like\\servername\C$\Backup\spbr0000\0000009D.bak instead of 'C:\Backup\spbr0000\0000009D.bak' but it doesn't work. I also create a folder with full access permission in both servers and added the domain account for the SQL Agent Service but it doesn't work again. 
    Would you please help me ?
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Samimi,

In the Backup File Location section, in the Backup location box, type only the path to a share into which you want to save the backup files. The path must include an existing share (for example, \\server\SharepointSite). 

Also ensure that hhe directory \\servername\C$\Backup\ exist and the SQL Server service account and the Farm account have permission to read or write to the backup folder. You can also specify a different directory or ensure that the SharePoint Timer service and Microsoft SQL Server service accounts have Full Control permission on both the file share and the underlying folder.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:37 AM
  • Samimi,

You don't have to assign SQL Agent Service account on shared folder. You might need to consider adding SharePoint account  who is  member of the Farm Administrators group.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:46 PM
  • Samimi,

Just to add on to the above replies, In some cases, I have seen that you will have also allow permissions for the SQL Server itself, by selecting the Object type "computer".

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:29 PM