none
About Setup IE11 registry Enquiry RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I would like to enquiry as belows:

1. After I have installed IE11, it prompt setup "SmartScreen" setup for first time. Due to I would like to upgrade to a brand of users

I just do not want this pop up shown.

影像

Is there any registry key can be applied to enable this setting and never pop up again.

Also, I would like to know another registry key setting for disable this check box.

影像

Thank you.

Monday, February 9, 2015 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Tommy,

For the first issue,there is a group policy "Prevent running first run ziard" in this path :
    Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer
    We also can do this by adding a registry key "DisableFirstRunCustomize"(Dword) and set its value to 1  in this path :
    HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

For the second issue ,there is a gp related to this "Install new versions of Internet Explorer automatically".Here is the path :Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer
    We also can do this through the registry .Here is a link for reference:
    Prevent IE 11 Installing New Versions Automatically
    http://www.itsupportforum.net/topic/prevent-ie-11-installing-new-versions-automatically/

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

• Marked as answer by Tommy_Kwok Wednesday, February 11, 2015 1:16 AM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:39 AM