instance failover RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Skype for Business Server 2015 (6.0.9319.0) 
    We have  tested SQL instance failover from node 1 to node2, when SQL instance is failed over to node2,
    my users were able to log to skype but skype status shows limited functionality. 
    i can see the below error please help me to troubleshoot

Error Message:[PushController:XdsPublishItems failed: Could not connect to SQL Server:
    [Exception=System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException(0x80131904): The target principal nae is incorrect.
    Cannot generate SSPI context.
    Saturday, July 7, 2018 10:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According your description, the issue is related to the Skype for Business Front End server could not connect the Back End server.

Which type do you use for the SQL high available, AwlaysOn group or mirror?

Based on the current status, please first check the SQL server is working well.

And there are no missing logins under “Security Logins”.

You could refer to this link to review the configuration:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2015/05/08/deploying-sql-server-alwayson-availability-group-for-skype-for-business-server-2015/

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Monday, July 16, 2018 6:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Risingflight Monday, July 23, 2018 5:17 PM
    Monday, July 9, 2018 3:14 AM
  • Hi, 

If there is any update on this case, feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Friday, July 13, 2018 1:24 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Friday, July 20, 2018 7:22 AM