none
MABS Upgrade error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I was in upgrade activity of MABS from v1 to V2 to V3

I have received an error while upgrading my MABS v1 to 2 saying that "Setup Cannot query the system status". i have closed the wizard and rebooted the server. after reboot i tried to upgrade again, i got another message saying that "The instance provided is not a reporting server instance". SQL 2014 to 2016 upgrade was success in previous attempt where i have received "Setup Cannot query the system status". I checked the installation log and found that an error while validating the system " <CheckResult CheckId="SqlServerReportingServices" Status="Error" ErrorMessage="The installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to MSDPMINSTANCE of SQL Server." Resolution="1)To use the local dedicated MSDPMINSTANCE instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run the program again. &#xA;2)To use the option of installing DPM with an existing instance of SQL Server, make sure that the Reporting Services instance is also installed and linked correctly. For details, refer to DPM Setup Help." Installable="true" InstallableForRemoteSQL="false" />".

I have checked SRSS and seems ok.

could you please help me

Regards

Vinod Vijayam

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:06 PM

Answers

• Thanks Leon,

Yes, the account which is created by setup it self. I was installing the setup by domain account who have admin rights in server.

Anyway My issue is now resolved by doing below procedure.

1. Backed up the DB of MABS v1 and uninstalled the MABS application with the option to retain the backup volumes.

2. Removed all SQL components from the server.

3. Upgraded the OS to Windows server 2016 and updated windows updates.

4. Installed MABS v3

5. Stopped the DPM Services and restored the MABSv1 DB with the help of SMSS

6. executed the below query to populate the version info in the MABS DB

UPDATE dbo.tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting
    set PropertyValue = '13.0.415.0'
    where PropertyName = 'DatabaseVersion'

7. started the DPM service. All backups are populated in MABS console :-)

referred URL

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-mabs-release-notes-v3

• Marked as answer by Vinod C V Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:00 AM

All replies