none
Project Server 2010 - Get task updates in PWA when tasks have no work assigned RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to figure out the best way to configure Project Server to get task status in PWA for tasks that have no assigned work.  We are using MS projects to manage schedule only. 

Is this possible?  Is there a way to assign a task owner responsible to providing status on a task but where the task has no resources or work assigned?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:36 PM

All replies

•  melduncan17,

This is not possible unless you assign yourself on the task. Since my task  or timesheet looks for assignment IDs to populate the data in PWA

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:48 PM
  • Thank you for your reply. 

Since it doesn't look like Project will allow me to assign a resource to a task without some work, I can assign a resource with 1 hour or work.  I don't want to use timesheets.  Do I have to use timesheets to get status changes/updates?  I would like to get updates in PWA on % complete, start date and finish date only.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:59 PM