none
Project Server 2007 Screenshots RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I am working with a client that uses Server 2007 with Sharepoint.  I need to capture some screen shots for various scenarios, but I don't have access to my client's setup, and I don't have server installed on my machine.  What's the best way for me to emulate an environment so I can capture screenshots?  I'm not that saavy with the technical setup for server.  I was going to download a trial version of 2007 but I thought I'd ask before I did that, as that wouldn't provide me the sharepoint interaction I need.  Following is the scenario I'm trying to capture (I have many others, but if I can establish an environment for the following, I shouldn't have any problem creating the other scenarios).  I need to capture the alerts a project manager receives when a resource submits actual hours completed on tasks.  I also want to capture the steps involved in analyzing the updates and committing them to the schedule.  Thanks!

Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you're a MSFT partner, you could probably get access to the 2007 demo
    image on VPC.  If you have a Technet subscription, you could also download
    all of the software and build your own VPC.  It's a bit time consuming, but
    well documented on the Web.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Twitter: @alavinsky
    Friday, January 7, 2011 1:05 PM
  • Hi CJMaldonado,

Another option would be to use Microsoft's Virtual Lab for Project Server 2007.
    The virtual lab only offers you access to a standard Project Server environment for 90 minutes. But depending on your needs, the virtual lab can be sufficient for capturing your screenshots.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/dd875726

Select the 'TechNet Virtual Lab: Project and Portfolio Management' lab. You will have to install a smaal ActiveX component. 

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Friday, January 7, 2011 3:17 PM
  • If you are a MCT and can purchase the MOC 5928, Managing Project Server 2007 Projects, Instructor Guide, it comes with a VM of project server 2007 for training purposes.  Fully operational.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Friday, January 7, 2011 3:56 PM