none
MSP Calendar query RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing an issue while scheduling my project. Probably I am missing something very minute. Here is the scenario:

I am using MS Project 2010 proffessional (not connected to server) and created a calendar specifying general work timings as 8.00AM to 5.00PM with one hour lunch. In work weeks tab, I specified a date range from 1st - 31st Dec., and set work timings as 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM, and set the calendar as my project calendar ( which is also applied to all resources by default). Now while doing resource assignments, I was expecting that a one day duration task in anywhere would have 8 hrs of effort and tasks scheduled in dec. for one day should have have 6 hrs of effort automatically. But that is not happeningand all tasks (assuming all are one day and assigned to one resource each at 100%) are of 8 hours duration. Am I missing something here?

Regards,

Atul

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:31 AM

Answers

• I've already replied to you in the server newsgroup.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/93886ba1-aa69-4948-9bed-adcbe3fda1d4

Please do not multi-post.  Most people answering questions on the forums visit all of the forums.

Julie

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:33 PM