Vista Uninstall/Install Add/Remove Programs failing RRS feed

• Question

• I have Vista Ultimate upgrade from XP media center edition.

Did not have to do a clean install.

Before the upgrade, I followed the advice from the Upgrade Advisor: removed programs, increased disk space.

Everything works great except some programs refuse to uninstall. Most relevant is Microsoft Accounting 2007 which only says "Setup failed to remove the following product" then closes.

Another issue is with installing things like Microsoft Virtual Earth 3D (from Live Maps). The installation seems to go but then just disappears. I was prompted that the setup failed and was asked if i wanted to run with the recommended settings (whatever that means). The prompt happened only once. So I dont know whats going on at all.

What is going on with this Installer? Is it much different than XP that it cannot uninstall XP programs? What about the installs?

I am listed as Administrator. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:15 PM

All replies

• I am having a similar problem where the uninstall fails with an error saying that the Enterprise level policy could not be saved.  The installer then rolls back, and my application has not been uninstalled.

The application was installed using an installshield-created msi package.  Could this have something to do with CAS (code access security)?
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:05 PM
  • I too am having the same error.  I cannot uninstall Microsoft Accounting 2007.  It has been a nightmare.  Not sure why Vista is not working properly with its own product.

If you have any remedies, please share!

Thanks 

Saturday, March 31, 2007 9:23 PM
  • My windows viesta has ran out and ive loss my product key i want to remove my version of vista and go back to sp2. can someone help me?!?!
    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:55 AM