Outlook 2016 delegates cannot edit single instance of recurring event in cache exchange mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In outlook 2016, when a delegate open a single instance of recurring event, this message doesn't show: 

And he cant choose to open just this instance. only in cache mode.

Thanks,

Tamar

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Winnie,

The problem was that the manager calendar was open i a cache mode.

i checked the "don't cache non email folders" in the MSP file, and it soled the problem.

Thank you!

Tamar

Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Tamar,

Please check for updates in Windows Updates for Office application. Install the updates for Outlook 2016 then confirm if the issue persists in latest Outlook 2016 version. Please read the article below to update Office with Microsoft Update:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Update-Office-with-Microsoft-Update-f59d3f9d-bd5d-4d3b-a08e-1dd659cf5282?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Additionally, you can refer to the following article for detailed Outlook 2016 version number:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31133.outlook-and-outlook-for-mac-update-file-versions.aspx#A

Hope it helps :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

My office is up to date... 

my Office version is 16.0.4498.1000 (i was mistaken)

Thanks

Tamar

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Hi Tamar,

If the issue only occurred in Cached mode, I suggest we can create a new Outlook Profile to narrow down if it is a cache or data corruption issue.

You can go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add, then setup this problematic account in new profile. Set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: Prompt for a profile to be used". Use this new profile and confirm if the issue can be fixed.

Also try starting Outlook in safe mode: Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Outlook /safe, press Enter.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 1:54 AM
  • Hi Tamar,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Have you tried creating a new Outlook profile for the delegate? Also try to remove the delegate permission and add it back to have a test.

Please remember to <strong>mark the replies as answers</strong> if they helped. <p></p> <p>If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.</p>

Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:09 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

i checked the "don't cache non email folders" in the MSP file, and it soled the problem.

Thank you!

Tamar

Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:19 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

Thank you!

Tamar

Hi Tamar,

Glad that the issue has been resolved and thanks for your solution sharing :)

Please remember to mark the helpful reply as an answer to close the thread. It will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:53 AM