having problem installing HP P1005 drive RRS feed

• General discussion

• I encountered a problem while installing the HP printer drive on Vista (starter). While installing the drive, installation direction ask me to connect USB cable to complete the installation. After this point installation can't go over... Constantly ask me to connect the cable! Vista cant talk to HP device through the usb port...
    A few time I uninstalled the driver parts and tried to reinstal...
    What can I do now?

mozgun
    Friday, July 18, 2008 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We need more information to troubleshoot this issue.

Like most printer issues, we need to confirm the following points first:

1.Have you try to use another USB port to troubleshoot this issue?

2.Do you have other USB device (External USB hard drive, USB flash drive)? Does it work?

3.Do you have another known computer? Does the printer work on the computer?

4.Can you install the driver in Clean boot environment?

In addition, you also can contact HP Support to check this issue on their side.

HP Customer Care

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Monday, July 21, 2008 8:59 AM
  • Hi Mozgun,

As this thread has been quiet for a while we will be changing the issue type to “Comment”.

If you wish to return to this question you can go ahead and change the type back to ‘Question’. Then you can edit your initial post and change the radio button at the top of the post editor window.

If the issue has been resolved, we’d love to hear your solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:35 AM
  • I am having the same problem.  It began a screen that said Windows was going to complete the installation and then stalls out or quits processing.  I do not have another Vista machine to test but did test the USB connection and it is working.  Thanks!
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 2:10 PM
  •  Robinson Zhang - MSFT wrote:

Hi,

We need more information to troubleshoot this issue.

Like most printer issues, we need to confirm the following points first:

1.Have you try to use another USB port to troubleshoot this issue?

2.Do you have other USB device (External USB hard drive, USB flash drive)? Does it work?

3.Do you have another known computer? Does the printer work on the computer?

4.Can you install the driver in Clean boot environment?

In addition, you also can contact HP Support to check this issue on their side.

HP Customer Care

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

I experienced the same problem.

When I first turned on the PC, teh USB cable of the printer was conencted (I did not notice it nedd to be DISconnected), but the printer was turned OFF. Anyway windows XP said the device wasnoot recognised and was not working properly.

So I disconnected the USB and inserted the CD given by HP to start installing sofware.

When it prompted to connect USB and turn ON the printer, it just stall, and no printer is recognised.

I can tell you this about my trouble:

1 - I tried all the USB ports I have (6), no one is installing the printer correctly.

2 - I have USB trackball and it works, and I used USB penndrives and tehy work correctly.

3 - I tried to nistall teh printer on a Win2000 PC, and it worked fine, the printer installed perfectly.

4 - I do not know what "Clean Boot Environment" is

Plese, let me know how to proceed.

Monday, October 13, 2008 7:17 AM
  • I am also having the same problems described above. My USB's all work with other USB tools.

When i pug in the Printer USB to my laptop i get the message windos did not recognise the USB tool please re connect.

1.Have you try to use another USB port to troubleshoot this issue? Yes it's OK

2.Do you have other USB device (External USB hard drive, USB flash drive)? Does it work? yes All OK

3.Do you have another known computer? Does the printer work on the computer? printer works on other computers

4.Can you install the driver in Clean boot environment? no

This is a conflict of VISTA please provide the support and answers you as you are supposed to.

Friday, December 5, 2008 5:15 AM
  •  

I know this is not a direct coorelation, but HP has serious issues across platforms with HP 1005 drivers. I spent 4 hours using chat and phone including escalated support whereby I attempted multiple web driver downloads led by tech support...no luck. I ended up with a new driver ZIP file through HP directly (see below) 3 days later. At least now I don't have to uninstall and reinstall the printer/drivers when I run out of paper or it thinks it ran out of paper and can't clear the cue.

Here's the name of the file HP provided via email...now, at worst, I may have to restart my computer to reinitialize the printer infrequently. PROVIDED VIA HP EMAIL: hp_LJ_P1005_P1505_Full_Solution_ROW.exe

I have one more tech support thread that wants me to regedit out all HP references, again. I paid only $50 for this new printer, so I'm close to refusing to jump through any more hoops. I've also seen huge evidence that old HP drivers even from old dependables like the 960C series must edited out even after "add/remove" is performed on HP entries that may conflict.

How much time does one have to fix an HP problem on their cheap printer?!

Hope that helps you decide how to approach HP.

Saturday, December 6, 2008 3:38 PM
  • I had the exact same problem getting my fathers new pc going. An Acer Aspire  M1641 with Windows Vista Home Premium preloaded on it. After several attempts of loading the HP P1005 drivers I took a break. I then went to the Acer website and downloaded the chipset drivers for the motherboard and loaded them. This has seemed to fix my problem with Vista and the HP P1005.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:39 PM