windows media player v. 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Any idea of a fix for error 800040155 when trying to burn songs to a CD-R??  I am using Windows XP.  Thanks
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:52 PM

All replies

• Guide To Error 80040155 In Windows Media Player

The error "Interface not Registered" while burning a CD should be fixable by simply reinstalling WMP over itself.  (If you get this while trying to move content to another portable device reinstall the drivers for it, and then follow the rest of this post.)

Depending on how WMP was installed on your machine you may already have the installer.  If you do it is located in C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\Installer.  The file name of the installer is "mpsetupxp.exe"

If you don't see the folder then run C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\setup_wm.exe and that will re-download the installer and install it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Edited by Rick Dee Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:01 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:01 PM
  • Did the following:  ran "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\setup_wm.exe".  Wanted to validate my copy of Windows.  I accepted terms.  Came back with error "Unexpected error has occurred.  Setup was not able to detect any Windows Media updates.  Please try again later."

Help!!!!

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Uninstall any instances of WMP you can.  Download WMP 11 again and try re-installing it from the new download.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:21 PM
  • If I uninstall and re-install, I won't lose my library or playlists, will I?  Do I have to do anything special to save those first?  Many thanks.
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:37 PM