Lync call and pstn route same time RRS feed

• Question

• i have direct sip with audiocode in my lync enviroment, i need, when i call lync client with its number something (+902123225566) lync client and his dijital phone ring simultaneously or if lync client is offline ring his deskphone

this is not simultaneous ring i think, cause i dont have any other number, just one number,

default behaviour in current enviroment is, when lync is offline it returns a error "user is unavailable or offline" i user is online only ring on lync client

Radith (CCNA)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When the Lync server find the outbound phone number is the internal lync number of enterprise, it will not route the number to gateway. So you need to assign other number to the user's Alcatel desktop phone, and set simultaneous ringing in the lync client.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 18, 2012 3:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What kind of devices are you using and how are they connected to Lync, through LAN or USB via your desktop pc?

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:27 PM
  • My lyn is standart edition and collocated with mediation server, lync trunked with audiocodes mediant 600, mediant is trunked with alcatel oxo (pri trunk, actually qsic)

and alcatel has dijital phones.

i need when i call lync client with 90212xxxxxxx, call should go destination lync client and his dijital deskphone.

default behaviour is when lync find a number in adressbook it never attempt to send call to pstn route. is anyway to do this.

OYuksektepeli

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:14 AM
  • my number plans as below;

my partner users has DIDs like 400 0x xx, but in internal they use 1x xx as extension. (shoulde be call from both number both they are using 1xxx usually in company)

Scenario 1.

lync uri as 0x xx when they call 0x xx only lync rings. when they call 1x xx lync assumes this is external call and forward number to audiocodes > alcatel then desk phone calls.

if they call 0x xx when lync is offline nothing rings.

Scenario 2.

when i give lync uri as 1x xx when lync is online it rings, when lync is offline nothing rings. cause lync dont need to send it to gateway. when they call 0xxx lync assumes it is external call forward again audiocodes> alcatel, alcatel know 0xxx is his number normalize to it 1x xx then phone rings.

another problem in this scenario is caller ID if i user 902124001xxx normalization, caller id is seems call center number. cause they are not reserver 400 1xxx, just 0xxx

i need something like

when lync is offline deskphone should ring, when lync is online both lync and deskphone should ring. but i should provide this without simultaneous ring cause this function is user dependent when they turn off it, it should cause communications problems.

OYuksektepeli

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:27 AM
  • Hi,

When the Lync server find the outbound phone number is the internal lync number of enterprise, it will not route the number to gateway. So you need to assign other number to the user's Alcatel desktop phone, and set simultaneous ringing in the lync client.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 18, 2012 3:25 AM
  • There are a bunch of ways to handle this you might say anything with a 99 (or some other unused string string) your sending to your pbx and then create a forward rule in lync say simul ring +99x(10) or whatever you use.  Note you can strip the 99 by default on your voice router when coming from the mediation. 

BBB

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:17 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 4:05 PM
  • Hi,

I am working with a CUCM (7.1.5) and Lync 2010 integration, and used SIP URI dialing from CUCM to ring the Lync phone using a remote destination.  This allowed the customer to have the same number on their Lync client as their physical phone.  However, we noticed the problem you state above when we tried calling from Lync to another user's phone.  Only their Lync client and not their phone rang.  Redoing the dial-plan is not something the customer wants to do, so using the SIP URI dialing from CUCM seemed like a somewhat easy way to get Lync to have (sorta) DID numbers.  Unfortunately we now have a choice between two problems:  Either you can't use Lync to call another enterprise user's phone or there is no caller-id on the phone you called.

Is there a way around this behavior in Lync?

Thanks!

Mike

Friday, August 17, 2012 2:33 PM